Cayce Wins Statewide Achievement Award for Waterline Replacement ProjectWednesday, July 24, 2019
CAYCE, SC: During the Municipal Association of SC’s Annual Meeting on July 20, 2019 in Greenville, the statewide Association awarded the City of Cayce the Public Works Achievement Award for its unprecedented Waterline Replacement Project.
Project Fast Facts:
- 262,000 linear feet of water lines, meters, hydrants and a 1-million-gallon water tank were all replaced during the project.
- The construction on this $29 million project began in October 2017 and was finished by December 2018.
- Cayce financed the program through funding through the Department of Health and Environmental Control, the State Revolving Loan Program and the South Carolina Rural Infrastructure Fund.
- The project was divided among 5 geographic divisions with the goal of making this as efficient as possible and less disruptive for our 14,000 residents.
- The new water tank won Tnemec Tank of the Year. Out of 270 entries across the United States and Canada, the Cayce tank received more than 7,600 votes - the highest number of votes in the history of this annual contest.
Mayor Elise Partin stated, “We are honored to receive this award from the Municipal Association. It has been exciting to see that our extensive planning that went into this project continues to make a real impact on our City and for our citizens!”
Award Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnscoPgryNs