Connect With Us
Social Media Policy
CITY COMMUNICATION GOALS:
The City of Cayce seeks to work cooperatively with the members of the media and on City-produced social media outlets, as a means of disseminating information of public interest in an accurate, appropriate and timely manner. The City of Cayce takes pride in transparent governance. Further, we endeavor to excel at keeping our Cayce citizens, businesses and visitors engaged and aware of City activities, news and events.
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTING:
- Comments should be related to the posted topic for the City's social media outlets. Comments should not contain links to external sites not directly related to the specific post. The City shall have full permission or rights to any content posted to its social media sites, including photographs and videos.
- Postings or comments to City social media sites shall not contain any of the following:
- Comments not topically related to the particular subject or article being commented upon;
- Profane language, defamatory or vulgar content;
- Discriminatory comments or content on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation/gender identification, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws;
- Sexual content (including nudity) or links to sexual content;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Potentially libelous comments including personal attacks, insults, or threatening language;
- Links to material that is not directly related to the discussion.
- The City reserves the right to remove comments on City social media sites for any individual that violates the provisions of this Policy, at any time and without prior notice. The Communications Policy will be on the City website. City PIO will retain copies of all violations. Should multiple violations occur from the same individual, the City reserves the right to remove or block the individual from the page.
- Any individual can appeal the decision that a violation occurred in writing to the Cayce City Manager within 30 days.