Cayce Announces Details of Second Public Input Meeting
CAYCE, SC: The City of Cayce will hold the second public input session for residents and businesses to provide their thoughts on the 2020 Cayce Comprehensive Plan.
The meeting will be held on February 25, 2020 from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the Lexington Two Innovation Center (located at 509 Bulldog Blvd. next to Cayce Elementary School.). Presentation will start promptly at 6:30 with public input to follow.
All local governments are mandated by law to prepare a Comprehensive Plan every ten years that outlines a long-range vision for growth. Cayce uses its Plan to guide growth, inform decision-making, measure accomplishments, address citizen needs and more.
Preliminary goals include
- Supporting the City’s Diverse Population
- Meeting Future Housing and Community Needs
- Promoting Healthy Eating and Active Living
- Strengthening Cayce’s Economy through Continued Revitalization Efforts
- Planning for Future Growth and Development
- Preserving, Protecting and Promoting Cayce’s Natural Resources
- We will begin with a short presentation at 6:30 summarizing the valuable input from the
August 13th meeting, followed by an interactive opportunity for you to provide further input.
Light refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages will be served. For more information, contact Cayce’s Planning Director, Carroll Williamson, at 803-550-9503 or [email protected].
This article was originally published on Monday, February 10, 2020.