Cayce Municipal Court is re-opened for in-person proceedings beginning on April 6, 2021
In accordance with the South Carolina Chief Justice’s directive amended on March 4, 2021, Cayce Municipal Court is re-opened for in-person proceedings beginning on April 6, 2021. Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 Pandemic and concern for public health, the following guideline will be in place for all court dates:
- If you have tested positive or are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLERK OF COURT PRIOR TO YOUR COURT DATE.
- Face mask/protective face coverings are required (if you do not have a mask, one will be provided).
- Temperature screenings will be conducted before being allowed to enter the Courtroom (anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or over will not be admitted).
- Limiting participants (participants in the trial include defendants, witnesses, defense attorneys, and translators. Guests/family will not be allowed in the building unless approved by the Court).
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced.
- If you arrive earlier than your scheduled Court time, you will have to wait until the appointed time to enter the building due to social distancing.
- If you only wish to pay and not contest your ticket/have a trial, you have the following options:
- mail a money order or cashier’s check to:
Cayce Municipal Court
P.O. Box 3408
Cayce, SC 29171
- You may pay online at www.CayceCourtPmts.com (there is a 5% fee for paying online with a minimum fee of $4.99).
- You may pay by Bilingual call center at (803) 234-6867(there is a 7.5% fee for paying via the call center with a minimum fee of $4.99).
- Pay in person on your court date ONLY at the time of your trial, you will not be able to pay at other times due to Occupancy limits. We accept cash, money order, cashier’s check, or Credit/Debit Cards (there is a 3.5% fee for paying via card with a minimum fee of $4.99).
- You may pay in person between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
All parties will be notified of new court dates at the address that is on file with the Municipal Court. If you have moved or need to update your address, please call 803-550-9550 and leave a message with your name, address, and phone number or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was originally published on Tuesday, January 12, 2021.